Things That Made Me Happy In 2016
2016 has been a pretty bad-ass year for the entire world in general, right? We’ve got wars and bombings in popular landmarks and places, famous people dying, terrorism, crazy elections, and so many more to mention. Bad news I think turned into a “normal thing” like it’s something that’s expected and supposed to happen, but nope, it shouldn’t be.
As a person who tries to always be positive in life, there are things that somehow made me extremely happy this year, and these are:
- The opportunity to travel to local places with my family and experience new adventures with them, such as grape picking in La Union, eating buffet in Villa Escudero Quezon Province, Visita Iglesia or church hopping from Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto Bulacan to Saint Padre Pio Batangas, beaching in Camaya Coast Bataan, to name a few.
- Booking travel tickets for next year and I’m sooo looking forward to it. Yey! 🙂
- Being noticed by brands I believed in. The fact itself that they contacted me for partnership, is already an achievement and it means a lot to me.
- Winning a writing contest where the prize can be my first stepping stone to one of my dream businesses.
- The slowly but surely growing opportunities of the corporate company I’m currently working with.
- Learning the basics of Photoshop, and a movie maker software – and being creative in making mini travel movies. Hoping to keep on improving and make more videos next year.
- Keeping up with my long-time-no-see friends which reminded me that no matter where we go, where we’ll be, or how less often we talk, we will always be friends no matter what.
- Something materialistic would be, being able to buy that high-end camera for traveling and capturing memories.
- Getting out of my comfort zone and reconnecting with people through social media.
- Starting new chapters, something I’m thankful for but I couldn’t even talk about publicly yet.
- Being able to keep up with adult life and learning how to deal with tougher things and negative moments that have occurred but somehow taught me life lessons and helped me grow.
- The endless love and support of my family
- The fact that I still have my whole family and loved ones in my life – complete, healthy and happy. I’m very thankful to God that I have them here with me and we’re still intact. We lost some uncles, aunties and cousins this year and I really felt how life can end any time, and it’s scary. These events made me closer to Him that I begged for a longer life for my family because I couldn’t imagine life without any of them in it.
- Surviving 2016 and being able to experience what life has to offer such as eating to my heart’s content!
- Getting engaged and marrying the love of my life, Vyn. ❤️
There are actually still more things I’m thankful for that made me extremely happy this year. But since 15 is my favorite number, I want to keep it cool and prefer to write only the best and most memorable ones of all.
So, how about you, what are the things that made you happy this 2016? I would love to read them below. 🙂